…Working Towards a Cancer Smart Community
The Bingara and District Cancer Action Group was established in the 1970’s and became affiliated as a C.A.G. Services member of the Cancer Council in 1994. The group participates in the Cancer Council NSW workshops, forums and research (group & locations studies).
The group holds its meeting on the second Wednesday of each month, commencing 1.30pm at the Gwydir shire Learning Centre, Riddell Street, Bingara.
- Support for cancer patients, their carers and families.
- Equipment pool housed at the Community Health Centre (available free of charge)
- Experienced counsellor
- A range of detailed information sheets and booklets on all forms of cancers
- Forms (a stand is in the Gwydir shire Office, Bingara)
- Booklets at the Medical Centre and Hospital
- Sunscreen on sale at the Radiance Shop, 62, Maitland Street, Bingara.
Events we support…
- Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea
- Daffodil Day
- National Breast Cancer Day
- Regional Network Advocacy
- Cancer Voices
Support of the Cancer Council Campaigns…
- State Government Isolated Travel Subsidy
- Smoking: Campaign for smokefree venues
- Promotion of tv advertising for nutritious food during prime time viewing.
Community work we do & support…
- Palliative care
- Sunscreen at local events
- Swimming pool
- Swimming carnivals
- Thompson Cup
- Pony Camp
- Special Events
- Preschool & Central School
- Yearly business directory calendar
- Annual Rotary Bowel scan
- Kevin Hansen: (02) 6724 1668
- Liz Groth: (02) 6724 1393
- Lorraine Wade: (02) 6724 1297
- Gay Holden: (02) 6724 1506
P O Box 33
BINGARA NSW 2404
CANCER COUNCIL HELPLINE 13 11 20