Residents and visitors to Bingara are getting in to mood to Rock ‘n’ roll. The RSL Club got the ball rolling on Saturday night, with ‘You’re Never too old to Rock n Roll.
On Friday Orange picking will be held, and will also see the opening of ‘Sew Much More’ Quilt Show at the Bingara Emporium. Quilts, bags, toys, soft furnishings and so much more will be on display. The exhibition will be open from 9am until 3pm on Friday and Saturday, July 6 and 7.
At 6.30pm, ‘Hairspray’ movie night will be held at the Roxy theatre. Have the time of your life at this fun filled night of singing and dancing! Hot dogs, ice cream sodas, milkshakes and other hot food will be available to purchase at the Roxy café from 5.00pm with the movie commencing at 7.00pm. All tickets are $8.00.
The main day of the festival is Saturday. Starting at 9am, This year’s festival will feature stalls, kid’s entertainment, classic car displays, loads of live entertainment and action on the main stage, and regular screenings of 50’s and 60’s show reels in the historic Roxy Theatre.
• 10.00am Festival open and Willoughby exchange presentations
• 10.15am Darlin’ and the Midnight Delights
• 10.45am Shelley Minson and Band with dance demonstrations by Marcia and the Rock n Roll Dancers
• 11.15am Darlin’ and the Midnight Delights
• 11.45am Retro ‘Fashions of the Festival’ with music by Darlin’ and the Midnight Delights Pop on your Poodle skirt or brush off your Bobby socks and enter the ‘Fashions of the Festival’ at this year’s Regional Australia Bank Bingara Orange Festival. Contestants can nominate at the main stage or be selected by one of our discerning fashion scouts on the day.
• 12.00pm Hot Dog eating competition Entries are now being taken for the 2018 Regional Australia Bank Bingara Orange Festival Hot Dog Eating competition.
• 12.15pm Bee Hive Hairdo demonstration by Pally Styles
• 12.30pm School performances by the Bingara Preschool, Bingara Central School and Bingara Physical Culture
• 12.50pm Shelley Minson and Band
• 1.15pm Dance demonstrations by Marcia and the Rock n Roll Dancers accompanied by Shelly Minson and Band
• 1.30pm – 2.15pm Darlin’ and the Midnight Delights
• 2.00pm Orange Festival Grand Parade will be held.
• 2.30pm Announcement of the Parade winner and entertainment by Darling and the Midnight delights
• 3.00pm Festival Close
Street Attractions include:
• 10.00am – 3.00pm Kids Zone Cunningham St between the IGA Park and The Regional Australia Bank– A $15 pass allows kids to play all day on the amusement rides. There will be the 3 Way Bungee Tramp, Rock Wall, Chair O Plane, Kids Gym and Giant Inflatable Slide. 11.30am and 12.30pm – Rock n Roll Dance Lessons
The Bingara Civic Centre
Get ready to shake, rattle and roll at our fun and easy rock n roll dance classes.
The Roxy will be screening retro and vintage footage, documentaries, news reels and TV shows all day every hour at 10.30am, 11.30am, 12.30am, 1.30pm and 2.30pm.
• 9.00am to 3.00pm Classic Car Displays Displays of classic cars will be on show in Maitland St between the Roxy Theatre and the Bingara IGA.
• 4.30pm till 11.00pm Barefoot bowls and disco dancing at the Bingara Sporting Club
4.30pm Barefoot bowls; 5.30pm Kids Disco; 7.30pm Adult Disco
A barbecue and Chinese food will be available.