Erica Dixon had an historic showing at the 2019 Bingara Central School Twilight Swimming carnival recently, breaking 5 records on her way to claiming the Open Girls Age Champion.
Erica had an outstanding evening, breaking the Bingara Central School records for the 33m Freestyle, Breaststroke, and Backstroke, as well as the 100m Freestyle and the Medley. Her new records for the 33m Freestyle, Breaststroke and 100m Freestyle came with extra bragging rights as she surpassed her elder sister, Jade Dixon, currently a teacher at the school. In addition, for any lover of numbers, the new record that Erica set for the Individual Medley sat at an astounding 2:22.22.
The heroics in the pool were not limited to Erica, who was beaten in the Open Girls Butterfly by the now current record holder Katie Dennis.
Riley Eastcott, the Secondary Sports Coordinator said it was excellent to see the strong showing from the students, parents and community on the evening. “It has been a great evening for the School and fantastic to see the positive contributions from everyone involved,” he said.
Congratulations to the winning house Fraser. We look forward to seeing whether Laver or Bradman can swing the momentum in the upcoming Athletics and Cross-Country events.
- Jnr Primary Boy: Liam Johnson
- Jnr Primary Girl: Elle’-Grace Haley
- 11yr Primary Boy: Barnaby Munro
- 11yr Primary Girl: Addison Dixon
- Snr Primary Boy: Angus Marshall
- Snr Primary Girl: Blaire Johnson
- Jnr Secondary Boy: Andrew Bancroft
- Jnr Secondary Girl: Sophie Dennis
- Snr Secondary Boy: Will Johnson
- Snr Secondary Girl: Brooke McKinnon
- Open Secondary Boy: Thomas Honeysett
- Open Secondary Girl: Erica Dixon