Bingara Orange Festival
In 1998 it was decided to hold an annual festival to emphasise the importance of Bingara’s orange trees whilst celebrating Bingara’s cultural heritage. The Bingara Orange Festival provides an entertaining week of festivities for the community, surrounding district and visitors.
The festival features street markets, street parades, pageants, sporting and cultural activities and has grown enormously in stature since its inception. Now considered one of the major events on the Bingara community calendar, the event attracts crowds in excess of 1500.
Each year the bar is raised even higher, with the inclusion of new initiatives and each year a new theme is announced, keeping the festival fresh, innovative and attractive year after year. However, one thing that never changes, is the memory of those who have fallen and for whom the orange trees represent.
2018 Bingara Orange Festival
The Roxy will come alive with the sights and the sounds of the 50s & 60s Rock n Roll era, as part of the 2018 Bingara Orange Festival. Don’t miss the retro café, old time movies and rock n roll dance lessons as part of the festivities.
- 2018 Orange Festival Stall Holder Application – VISITOR (PDF file size: 1097Kb)
- 2018 Street Parade and Float Registration Form (Word file size: 47Kb)
- 2018 Proposed Program (PDF File size: 392Kb)
- Download Hot Dog Eating Contest flyer >> (PDF File size: 392Kb)
- Download Hairspray movie poster >> (PDF File size: 392Kb)
Gwydir Shire Council
Locked Bag 5
BINGARA NSW 2404
phone: 02 6724 2000 fax: 02 6724 1771