Gwydir Shire Council is developing a new tourism plan, the aim of which is to substantially boost tourism in the shire. The outcome from this new Tourism Plan is to increase the number of tourists visiting the shire and to have them stay for an extended period. This will see greater economic and social benefits flowing on to everyone in the Gwydir community.
The plan will be designed to ensure that visitors are left with positive and rewarding experiences. Tourism product, services and marketing need to be of a standard that has these valued guests of the shire enthusiastically recounting experiences and recommending to others that they really should visit Gwydir Shire.
As a person with an interest in tourism in Gwydir Shire the Council would like to offer you the opportunity to contribute to the content of the new Tourism Plan.
Public meetings will be held for residents to put their points of view on the future direction of tourism in the shire. Additionally there will be meetings with the Warialda Chamber of Commerce and the local Tourism Committee. In Bingara there will be a meeting with Bingara and District Vision 2020 with tourism on the agenda. You are welcome to attend any of these meetings.
Meeting dates have been set as follows:
- Thursday 5 July 2012 at 6pm: Bingara and District Vision 2020 at the Imperial Hotel.
- Thursday 12 July 2012 at 5.30pm: Bingara Community Meeting at the 1st floor Roxy Theatre Conference Room.
- Monday 2 July at 10am: Warialda Tourism Committee at the Warialda Visitor Information Centre.
- Wednesday 4 July 2012 at 5.30pm: Warialda Community Meeting at the Council Chambers.
- Wednesday 11 July 2012 at 6.30pm for 7pm: Warialda Chamber of Commerce at the Warialda Golf and Bowling Club.
Meeting notices will appear in local newspapers closer to the time inviting people to come along.
Gary Foster is assisting the Council in producing the Tourism Plan. He can be contacted on 0409 378 747.
In the meantime you may wish to write to Council with your ideas or comments on boosting Gwydir tourism. These will be considered for inclusion in the new tourism plan. Please send these ideas and comments to:
The General Manager
Gwydir Shire Council
Locked Bag 5
Bingara NSW 2404