AUSTRALIA DAY 2018 – only eight WEEKS to go Nominate someone worthy of becoming Bingara’s Citizen of the Year for 2017.
Do you know someone who is passionate about Bingara and district? It’s now time to nominate that person who is worthy of becoming Bingara’s Local Citizen of the Year for 2017, to be announced on Australia Day – Friday 26th January 2018.
You may nominate someone who is involved in the following activities:
- a local community group
- in the local business community or
- who has done countless volunteer hours for a service organisation, a local sporting club or an educational facility
- someone who has an outstanding achievement in their work or studies
- someone who is worthy of becoming Bingara’s Australia Day – Local Citizen of the Year for 2017.
Local event of the Year: Do you know of a local event held in 2017 that is worthy of nomination for Bingara Local Community Event of the Year for 2017, to be announced on Australia Day – Friday 26th January 2018?
The Gwydir Shire Council Special Events Committee and the Australia Day Council of NSW invites you to nominate this individual or event for the NSW Local (Bingara) Citizen of the Year Awards or the NSW Local (Bingara) Community Event of the Year for Australia Day.
- Citizen of the Year: nominations are open for persons 26 years or older on or by 26th January 2018.
- Young Citizen of the Year: nominations are open for persons 16 years to 26 years of age on 26th January 2018.
- Community Event of the Year: open to the person or group who has staged the most outstanding Community event during the past year.
The event must have been held during the 2017 calendar year. This may include a sporting, cultural or fundraising event.
Nominations must be received by close of business (4.00pm) Friday 22nd December 2017.
The Awards allow recognition of the contributions that many individuals make to their local community each year. Australia Day is more than just a public holiday.
Whether you are in the city, on the coast or in a regional area, there are lots of events that celebrate everything that’s great about being Australian.
The Awards will be presented at an official ceremony that will take place in the grounds of the Bingara Historical Society Museum on Australia Day, Friday 26th January 2018.
For more information on how you can nominate a member of your local community or an event for these Awards, please contact Gwydir Shire Council, Bingara Tourist Officer Jen Mead Ph: 02 6724 0066 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call into the Bingara Visitor Information Centre to collect a nomination form and nomination guidelines.