Australia Day, 2021 (Tuesday January 26th, 2021) is fast approaching and Bingara Special Events Committee is calling for nominations for the 2020 NSW Local Bingara Citizen of the Year Awards.
Categories are: –
- Citizen of the Year (26 years and over)
- Young Citizen of the Year (16 years to 25 years)
Nomination forms and guidelines are available from Gwydir Shire Council, Bingara Office, or Bingara Visitor Information Centre.
• Do you know someone who is a volunteer, who has undertaken countless volunteer hours for a service organisation, a local sporting or community group or an educational facility?
• Someone whose work mainly benefits the community or the individual? Do you know someone who has an outstanding achievement in their work or studies?
• Are they someone who goes beyond normal employment duties?
• Did they overcome obstacles or make sacrifices?
• Do they demonstrate leadership, innovation, and creativity?
• Were their achievements the work of an individual or a team?
• What are their future goals and the likely impact of their work?
• Would they have the availability and commitment to promote community pride and active citizenship throughout the year of the recipient’s appointment?
• Have they received assistance from council, government, or other grants?
Nominations can be delivered to Gwydir Shire Council, Bingara Office or posted to Locked Bag 5, Bingara, on or before close of business (4.00 pm) Monday January 11th, 2021.