Fashions on the field at the 2013 Bingara Races should prove to be the best ever. Two extra categories have been included, Mr Cool and Comfortable and Sir Dapper.
The categories for the day are:
- Miss and Mr Young Racegoer, sponsored by Bingara Newsagency;
- Mr Cool and Comfortable, sponsored by Meat on Maitland;
- Best Lady’s Hat sponsored by Shenanigans on Gwydir;
- Best Fascinator sponsored by La Vogue;
- Mr Trendy sponsored by the Bingara Post Office;
- Sir Dapper sponsored by TRA Electrical;
Ms Racing and Lady of the Day both sponsored by the Bingara Pharmacy.
Mr Cool and Comfortable implies a well-dressed casual look, more suitable for the extremely hot weather often experienced in February.
For the record “fellas” this does not mean that you can win if you wear stubby shorts, a singlet and thongs, but at least you can avoid wearing long trousers, shirt and tie.
The other new category of Sir Dapper allows the judges to separate the trendy young men from the older more conservatively dressed race goers.
With such a large number of categories included in this year’s program, it should make for an interesting 2013 race day.
Mrs Bronwyn Neate, committee member, said “This is the first time there has been a category for Mr Cool and Comfortable. “I thought of the idea when I saw Damien Galvin dressed in nice shorts, T-shirt and footwear at the 2011 races. Why should women be able to dress for the weather but men need to wear coat, tie and long trousers!! Hence the new category.”