Member for Northern Tablelands Adam Marshall recently announced that the 2015 NSW Footy Facilities Fund was now open for applications from local football clubs until 12 August 2015.
Mr Marshall said the program was a joint initiative of the National Rugby League and the State Government and offered funding to improve local clubs’ grounds and facilities.
“This program is there to help fund grassroots footy clubs in the Northern Tablelands and I would like to encourage all our local rugby league clubs to apply,” Mr Marshall said.
“The main objectives of the Footy Facilities Fund are to increase regular and ongoing participation opportunities in Rugby League and to improve the standard of grounds and facilities.”
Additionally, applications can be strengthened by addressing one or more of the following:
- improving safety at sport and recreation facilities (e.g. providing safer playing field, access pathways for players, disability ramps)
- increase the security at sport and recreation facilities (e.g. installation of fencing)
- remove barriers to promote inclusion in Rugby League (e.g. upgrade of amenities to increase female participation, provision of disability access, upgrade of referee amenities)
- develop environmentally sustainable sport and recreation facilities (e.g. installation of drainage, rainwater tanks, more efficient lighting)
- building strong communities.
For more information and to apply, visit www.dsr.nsw.gov.au/