Current drought conditions are testing everyone in our community. You are invited to grab your friends, take a decent break and be part of this exciting festival. To be held this weekend September 6, 7 and 8 at The Living Classroom in Bingara; highlights include:
- Free entry and free camping (on the adjoining Showground). Please ring Bingara Visitor Information Centre to book a camping spot.
- Friday night CONCERT featuring “Things of Stone & Wood” with mood creating warmup performances
- Magnificent food all weekend provided by community groups and other local businesses
- Creative corner featuring many activities for kids
- Amazing program for Saturday – featuring music by Amber Lawrence and the Screaming Zuccinis
- Keynote speakers include Charles Massy (author of Call of the Reed Warbler) and Damon Gameau (Filmmaker – “That Sugar Film” and “2040”. 2040 will screen at The Roxy Saturday night.
- Performances and displays by the artists, the farmers and the scientists of Groundswell including the special Earth Oracle
- A talent quest for all ages and abilities
- A wide range of market stalls
The Festival is made possible by the generosity of a wide range of sponsors – Primary Health Network, Drought Angels and Ryde Eastwood Leagues Club, the support of Gwydir Shire Council and the SES, commercial sponsors Regional Australia Bank, Bingara IGA and The River House.
Groundswell is funded by Create NSW. The Festival would not be happening without a huge effort from volunteers. If you would like to help please ring John Bishton on 0418 283 127, Meaghan Stamer on 0458 549 774 , Chris Smyth on 0428 684 447 or Garry McDouall on 0428 834 281.
Gates open at 4pm Friday 6th September.