Bingara has several heritage buildings the earliest of which was the Post Office Hotel, now the Bingara Museum which dates from the 1860’s.
Historical images sourced from CD entitled “A photo album of EARLY BINGARA”, compiled by Richard Smith for Bingara District Historical Society.
1860 – Post Office Hotel
1879 – Brick courthouse, Police Station & Lockup Keeper’s Residence.
1879 – The Royal Mail Booking Office
Gwydir Hotel (1879) changed to the Imperial Hotel in 1889.
Bingara IGA, formerly Fays of Bingara
Other buildings of note include: The Anglican Church (1889), St Andrew’s Presbyterian (now Uniting) Church (1904), St Mary’s Catholic Church (1906)