Bingara War Memorial Baths
The Bingara Swimming Pool was originally constructed in 1964 and in 2020 the entire complex was essentially flattened to make way for the magnificent new Bingara War Memorial Baths. (View the news story at the bottom of the page to see how the project unfolded.)
The Complex offers the ideal place to relax and cool off during the summer months and is open each day from October long weekend to the end of March. Set in extensive park lands and conveniently located next to the Bingara Riverside Caravan Park and opposite the Gwydir River, the pool is an easy 10 minute walk from the shopping centre.
With qualified supervision at all times, the pool proves to be a popular venue for birthday parties and local functions.
The pool complex includes:
- 25 metre pool
- Splash program pool which has a number of interactive water features and sprays, a super soaker bucket and a 60cm deep area for toddlers to learn to become familiar with water by floating and blowing bubbles.
- Full kiosk facilities.
Other new/updated inclusions:
- Air-conditioned activities room (available for hire).
- New signage including animals found near or on the Gwydir River.
- New kiosk and entrance.
- New disabled toilet.
- New carpark including disabled.
- New turfed mound.
- Updated amenities building: new toilets, hand basin, tiled floor.
- New gardens including olive trees along caravan park fence.
- New fencing at the front of the precinct.
- Sandstone blocks at front of building.
Everything links in to Big River Dreaming Project.
Next door to the pool is Cunningham Park, a fantastic park, with play equipment for the children and fitness equipment for the keep fit enthusiast.
Visit Cunningham Park page.
The opening hours at the pool are 11am till 6pm.
Contact Lessee: Glenn Wade
Centre Number: 02 6724 1936
Mobile: 0459 241 534
Related News article: